About Me

My photo
Hi. I am Adam, and I would like to share my experience of joining the West End musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while it was in Southampton and Singapore. My most recent news is just below, and in reverse order. This blog will be a reminder of this amazing experience, and yes, I am getting help writing it; remember I am only 9!

Singapore - The First Night

Friday 2nd November - Opening Night. Harriet, Harrison, Katie and I all had the day off from rehearsals so that Niamh and Sam could concentrate on their final rehearsal. Niamh hasn't spoken to her parents since we arrived, but she spoke to them before she went on stage as she was far too excited to get homesick. She got loads and loads of flowers delivered to the theatre, and Sam has got balloons and a bear. Katie, Harriet and I have all had flowers, balloons and teddies delivered too.

The four of us who weren't performing stayed in the apartment and watched the first half of Monster House with Ann who is going to be looking after us while Fran and Pat are in the theatre with the performing pair. Pat is responsible for all of the sewer kids too, and they are training extra chaperones. We went to bed at 9.30pm wondering how Sam and Niamh were getting on, but need not have worried; the theatre was really full and the audience laughed a lot, especially at the "Eastmas" line. The chaperones said that the audience nearly brought the roof down with their cheers when they came on for the curtain call. Lets hope that the rest of the run has good audiences.

The view from the stage

Singapore's Esplanade Theatre - the most amazing theatre I have ever seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks amazing
from fraser