About Me

My photo
Hi. I am Adam, and I would like to share my experience of joining the West End musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while it was in Southampton and Singapore. My most recent news is just below, and in reverse order. This blog will be a reminder of this amazing experience, and yes, I am getting help writing it; remember I am only 9!

Search for Tiny Tim

My dad heard an interview on the radio with Tommy Steele who was going to be playing the lead in "Scrooge" at The Palladium over Christmas. He mentioned that the producers were doing a nationwide "Search for Tiny Tim". I was one of the 500 chosen from the postal entries to be called for an audition in London, and with such competition I was amazed to get a call back for the next day. 10 of us were there for the final which was held in Hamley's toy shop. They had it set up like the X Factor, and at one end there was a table with three judges, Tommy Steele and a whole bank of cameras, and at the other end was each of us in turn, in front of a microphone. I had never used a microphone before, and we had to sing a solo and recite a piece of script. By the time it was my turn I was really nervous and didn't perform well. I was not surprised that I didn't get the part but I was proud to have reached the finals.
The other 8 finalists and I went to watch the show as VIPs and were taken backstage to meet some of the cast and to see how they do some of the illusions. Daniel, who won the part, went on to play Michael Banks in Poppins.