About Me

My photo
Hi. I am Adam, and I would like to share my experience of joining the West End musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while it was in Southampton and Singapore. My most recent news is just below, and in reverse order. This blog will be a reminder of this amazing experience, and yes, I am getting help writing it; remember I am only 9!

2nd August - The Email!


We have had an email from Jo Hawes.

It said "I am delighted to be able to tell you at last that the children who are going to Singapore will be Samuel, Harrison, Harriet, Katie, Adam and Niamh."

I was so amazed that I read the email twice before I believed it. I am so excited. I can't believe that all of the children chosen are from Southampton. It must be because we are all friends already so they know that we get on with each other. Fraser and Jessica are going to be understudies and will do all of the rehearsals with us but will then stay in England unless one of us has to come home. It is a real shame that they can't take all 8 of us.


We had to do a press call with Kevin Kennedy who will be playing our dad, Caractacus Potts. He used to play "Curly Watts" on Coronation Street and has played the part of The Childcatcher in Chitty. Craig McLachlan, who has been playing Caractacus, is the only person from Southampton who isn't going to go to Singapore.

No comments: