About Me

My photo
Hi. I am Adam, and I would like to share my experience of joining the West End musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while it was in Southampton and Singapore. My most recent news is just below, and in reverse order. This blog will be a reminder of this amazing experience, and yes, I am getting help writing it; remember I am only 9!

Wizard of Oz - December 2005


Although I was a year under the age limit, Julia let me audition for the Wizard of Oz, which was coming to Oxford's New Theatre for a month over Christmas. As I was only doing the audition for the experience I was surprised to be offered the part of one of the three "Lollipop Guild".
We were only on stage for about 10 minutes, and then again for the curtain call, so we spent a lot of time in the dressing room. Maya played lots of games with us and did some really fun warm-ups, including getting us all singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" when it came on over the intercom from the stage.
We had really weird outfits and lots of make-up; I am on the second row of the photo wearing a red tartan shirt with a strange rubber wig to make me look bald!
Amanda Barrie from "Coronation Street" and "Bad Girls" played the witch and she was really nice, and kept sending chocolates up to our dressing room and gave us some pens and tee-shirts to decorate for her. All of the cast were really nice to us.
On the last day we went to Laser Quest between the matinee and the evening performance. The staff were hoping for free tickets to see the show so they gave us loads of pizza, chips and drinks. As soon as we started doing the warm-up for the evening performance we realised what a mistake it had been to eat and drink so much! I don't think they got their free tickets.

No comments: