About Me

My photo
Hi. I am Adam, and I would like to share my experience of joining the West End musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while it was in Southampton and Singapore. My most recent news is just below, and in reverse order. This blog will be a reminder of this amazing experience, and yes, I am getting help writing it; remember I am only 9!

Going to Singapore

Our flight to Singapore was on 23rd October, and we all met at Heathrow. Sam was crying, and he had been crying since yesterday (sorry Sam for putting this in my diary!). The rest of us were nervous and excited. We went for hot chocolate as we were all so early, and Sam cried. Then the chaperones arrived and we checked in, and Sam only cried a bit. Although it was still quite early our parents all thought we should say goodbye and go through the security gate. Sam cried a bit more, but so did the rest of us a little bit. Then we were through security, we all cheered up, and we were all excited about the flight.

Although the rest of the cast went on Quatar Airline we flew with Singapore Airline as our chaperone, Pat, said we needed a direct flight. We all sat together and watched movies and slept for the 13 hour flight - I watched Grease and The Simpson Movie - but then the TVs stopped working. We were given $75 to spend on whatever we wanted on the plane since we couldn't watch TV! Some of the passengers and crew told the chaperones that we had been very good but it seems normal now for us to behave nicely and quietly.

When we arrived we unpacked and settled into our apartment in the Somerset Grand Cairnhill, where we will live for the next 7 weeks. The boys are in an apartment above the girls with Pat. The girls are with Fran and have a bedroom set up as a school room. After we had unpacked we went to the local Chinese restaurant and I had chicken and rice for supper, then we went back for a long sleep.

No comments: